The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association Sept. 1 said it will commit $450,000 to acquire state-of-the-art equipment for the New York Equine Drug Testing and Research Program at Morrisville State College.
Morrisville State College prepares students for racing jobs Download Now
New York lawmakers have given approval to move the state's equine drug-testing laboratory from Cornell University to Morrisville State College. The Senate and Assembly both approved the move March 1.
After nearly four decades, New York's Cornell University is moving to close its world-famous equine drug-testing laboratory. An equine science program at a state university 70 miles up the road is eagerly willing to take over, and expand, an operation vital to the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala