The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association Sept. 1 said it will commit $450,000 to acquire state-of-the-art equipment for the New York Equine Drug Testing and Research Program at Morrisville State College.
Morrisville State College prepares students for racing jobs Download Now
New York lawmakers have given approval to move the state's equine drug-testing laboratory from Cornell University to Morrisville State College. The Senate and Assembly both approved the move March 1.
After nearly four decades, New York's Cornell University is moving to close its world-famous equine drug-testing laboratory. An equine science program at a state university 70 miles up the road is eagerly willing to take over, and expand, an operation vital to the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown