The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association Sept. 1 said it will commit $450,000 to acquire state-of-the-art equipment for the New York Equine Drug Testing and Research Program at Morrisville State College.
Morrisville State College prepares students for racing jobs Download Now
New York lawmakers have given approval to move the state's equine drug-testing laboratory from Cornell University to Morrisville State College. The Senate and Assembly both approved the move March 1.
After nearly four decades, New York's Cornell University is moving to close its world-famous equine drug-testing laboratory. An equine science program at a state university 70 miles up the road is eagerly willing to take over, and expand, an operation vital to the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm