The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association Sept. 1 said it will commit $450,000 to acquire state-of-the-art equipment for the New York Equine Drug Testing and Research Program at Morrisville State College.
Morrisville State College prepares students for racing jobs Download Now
New York lawmakers have given approval to move the state's equine drug-testing laboratory from Cornell University to Morrisville State College. The Senate and Assembly both approved the move March 1.
After nearly four decades, New York's Cornell University is moving to close its world-famous equine drug-testing laboratory. An equine science program at a state university 70 miles up the road is eagerly willing to take over, and expand, an operation vital to the state's horse industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work