Jockey Ben Melham's decision to stick to the rail with lightly regarded Escado paid dividends with a breakthrough win for his mount in the Aus$500,000 South Australian Derby (Aus-I) May 4 at Morphettville.
Undefeated Black Caviar racked up victory number 21 in the group I Goodwood Stakes at Morphettville in Adelaide, Australia, May 12, and will head to Great Britain in three weeks to prepare for the Royal Ascot meet.
Undefeated Black Caviar will return to Morphettville in Adelaide, Australia, May 12 to compete in the group I Goodwood Stakes, her final race in Australia before she heads to Great Britain for the Royal Ascot meet in June.
Black Caviar won her 20th race in as many starts April 28 and in the process, the 5-year-old mare set the Australasian record for consecutive wins.
The star mare will see her legend grow even more if she is able to keep winning in her next few outings.
Marju Snip, a daughter of a former shuttling son of Last Tycoon, collected the biggest southern success for her sire in taking the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements