Kushadasi pulled out a last-gasp victory over Scratchy Bottom in a thrilling finish to the South Australian Derby (Aus-I) May 3 at Morphettville.
Jockey Ben Melham's decision to stick to the rail with lightly regarded Escado paid dividends with a breakthrough win for his mount in the Aus$500,000 South Australian Derby (Aus-I) May 4 at Morphettville.
Undefeated Black Caviar racked up victory number 21 in the group I Goodwood Stakes at Morphettville in Adelaide, Australia, May 12, and will head to Great Britain in three weeks to prepare for the Royal Ascot meet.
Undefeated Black Caviar will return to Morphettville in Adelaide, Australia, May 12 to compete in the group I Goodwood Stakes, her final race in Australia before she heads to Great Britain for the Royal Ascot meet in June.
Black Caviar won her 20th race in as many starts April 28 and in the process, the 5-year-old mare set the Australasian record for consecutive wins.
The star mare will see her legend grow even more if she is able to keep winning in her next few outings.
Marju Snip, a daughter of a former shuttling son of Last Tycoon, collected the biggest southern success for her sire in taking the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis