James Scatuorchio's Ready to Please, a graded stakes winner at 3 and an impressive winner earlier in the Churchill Downs meet, heads a field of eight fillies and mares for the $100,000-added Winning Colors (gr. III) at six furlongs, the Memorial Day holiday feature at the Louisville track.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela and trainer Doug O'Neill got off to a winning start on the Breeders' Cup Championship Day card at Churchill Downs when Maryfield posted a convincing victory in the day's first race, the Emirates Airline Very Subtle Stakes.
Lost in the Fog's traveling-companion this year, Harry Aleo's 3-year-old Victorina, brings solid credentials of her own to the Summit of Speed. She's one of the favorites among eight 3-year-old fillies set for the $300,000 Azalea Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Annika Lass invades from the East Coast as the starting high weight and the likely choice of the public Saturday among a field of 10 entered in the $175,000 Chicago Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIII) for fillies and mares over seven furlongs at Arlington Park.
Joint Effort put in a top effort Saturday, winning the $119,600 La Troienne (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies going away on the Kentucky Derby day undercard at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records