Glen Hill Farm's Rich In Spirit, a two-time stakes winner over Churchill Downs' Matt Winn Turf Course, heads a full cast in the $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday.
Brunilda brings back-to-back stakes wins into Friday night's $150,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) at the Meadowlands. A total of 10 fillies and mares were entered in the 30th edition of the Violet, a 1 1/16-mile grass test.
Glen Hill Farm's homebred Rich in Spirit, runner-up in the recent Early Times Mint Julep (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs and a winner of nearly $400,000 on the turf, takes on seven rivals in $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill turf Saturday.
My Typhoon, a $2.9 million weanling purchase who won the Mrs. Revere (gr. II) over the Churchill Downs turf last fall, returns to the course as the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $100,000-added Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
Mirabilis had been close in all three of her starts since arriving in the United States from France. On Saturday at Churchill Downs, she did better than get close, winning the $115,100 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) for her first win in a year.
Sabine Stable's Laurafina, making her first start since July 29, closed staunchly from the outside under Rafael Bejarano to win the $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Calder Race Course turf Saturday.
James Scatuorchio's Ready's Gal, a two-time stakes winner on turf for trainer Todd Pletcher, is likely to be the favorite in the $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Calder turf course Saturday. The Genter anchors a four-stakes line-up for Grand Slam III worth $400,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76