Jim Arrison's Flattering Bea, usually well off the early pace, changed tactics and came away with a neck victory in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the evening of April 19.
James Arrison's homebred Flattering Bea, a stakes winner locally, will hope for a quick early pace when she faces nine other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at at Charles Town April 19.
Winning Image has won eight stakes during six seasons, but connections of the 7-year-old mare hope she can add a graded victory to her ledger in the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Laurel Park.
James A. Riccio's New York shipper King and Crusader made a winning trip to Laurel Park when he scored a 16-1 upset in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship Dec. 17.
Laurel Park ends it meet Dec. 17 with division-ending stakes for 2-year-olds, the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship and the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies