Jim Arrison's Flattering Bea, usually well off the early pace, changed tactics and came away with a neck victory in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the evening of April 19.
James Arrison's homebred Flattering Bea, a stakes winner locally, will hope for a quick early pace when she faces nine other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at at Charles Town April 19.
Winning Image has won eight stakes during six seasons, but connections of the 7-year-old mare hope she can add a graded victory to her ledger in the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Laurel Park.
James A. Riccio's New York shipper King and Crusader made a winning trip to Laurel Park when he scored a 16-1 upset in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship Dec. 17.
Laurel Park ends it meet Dec. 17 with division-ending stakes for 2-year-olds, the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship and the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
Most Popular Stories
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?