More Smoke, a multiple stakes-winning son of Smoke Glacken, has arrived at Dr. William J. Soloman's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa. The 6-year-old, who won seven times from 15 starts, will stand for $3,500.
More Smoke popped the gate in a hurry from his inside post for jockey Clinton Potts and was never headed as he upset prohibitive favorite Razor and blazed to an eye-popping 14 1/2-length win in the $107,100 Lafayette (gr. III) for 3-year-old sprinters at Keeneland Sunday.
Lost in the Fog raced his way into the Triple Crown picture Saturday when the 3-year-old son of Lost Soldier rolled to a 4 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Maddy's Lion roared to a decisive 6 1/4-length victory over More Smoke in the Jan. 17 running of the $80,400 Jimmy Winkfield Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Six 3-year-old sprinters vie in the first running of the $75,000-added Jimmy Winkfield Stakes, named for one of the greatest African-American jockeys of all time, highlighting Aqueduct's Martin Luther King Jr. Day program Monday.
More Smoke started the new year the way he ended the last one, winning this time against newly turned 3-year-olds in Saturday's $50,000 Dancing Count Stakes at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland