More Smoke, a multiple stakes-winning son of Smoke Glacken, has arrived at Dr. William J. Soloman's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa. The 6-year-old, who won seven times from 15 starts, will stand for $3,500.
More Smoke popped the gate in a hurry from his inside post for jockey Clinton Potts and was never headed as he upset prohibitive favorite Razor and blazed to an eye-popping 14 1/2-length win in the $107,100 Lafayette (gr. III) for 3-year-old sprinters at Keeneland Sunday.
Lost in the Fog raced his way into the Triple Crown picture Saturday when the 3-year-old son of Lost Soldier rolled to a 4 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Maddy's Lion roared to a decisive 6 1/4-length victory over More Smoke in the Jan. 17 running of the $80,400 Jimmy Winkfield Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Six 3-year-old sprinters vie in the first running of the $75,000-added Jimmy Winkfield Stakes, named for one of the greatest African-American jockeys of all time, highlighting Aqueduct's Martin Luther King Jr. Day program Monday.
More Smoke started the new year the way he ended the last one, winning this time against newly turned 3-year-olds in Saturday's $50,000 Dancing Count Stakes at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens