Headache charged home late to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Canterbury Park July 24, giving owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey, trainer Mike Maker and jockey Julien Leparoux back-to-back wins in the main events.
Carl Moore Management's Chamberlain Bridge became the first North American horse to earn a spot in the 2010 Breeders' Cup when he posted a 4 1/2-length win in the $118,000 Arlington Sprint June 26.
The April 30 Churchill Downs Turf Sprint Stakes (gr. IIIT) has drawn a competitive field of 11 older turf sprinters, headlined by three-time grade III winner Silver Timber.
Silver Timber captured his second consecutive graded stakes at Keeneland April 10, finding another gear in deep stretch to run down Grand Adventure by a neck in the $100,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII