Headache charged home late to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Canterbury Park July 24, giving owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey, trainer Mike Maker and jockey Julien Leparoux back-to-back wins in the main events.
Carl Moore Management's Chamberlain Bridge became the first North American horse to earn a spot in the 2010 Breeders' Cup when he posted a 4 1/2-length win in the $118,000 Arlington Sprint June 26.
The April 30 Churchill Downs Turf Sprint Stakes (gr. IIIT) has drawn a competitive field of 11 older turf sprinters, headlined by three-time grade III winner Silver Timber.
Silver Timber captured his second consecutive graded stakes at Keeneland April 10, finding another gear in deep stretch to run down Grand Adventure by a neck in the $100,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'