Headache charged home late to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Canterbury Park July 24, giving owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey, trainer Mike Maker and jockey Julien Leparoux back-to-back wins in the main events.
Carl Moore Management's Chamberlain Bridge became the first North American horse to earn a spot in the 2010 Breeders' Cup when he posted a 4 1/2-length win in the $118,000 Arlington Sprint June 26.
The April 30 Churchill Downs Turf Sprint Stakes (gr. IIIT) has drawn a competitive field of 11 older turf sprinters, headlined by three-time grade III winner Silver Timber.
Silver Timber captured his second consecutive graded stakes at Keeneland April 10, finding another gear in deep stretch to run down Grand Adventure by a neck in the $100,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes