Mike Lauer would like nothing more than to win the Snack Stakes, which is named after one of the best Indiana-bred 3-year-olds to race. Snack was euthanized in March 2005 in a stakes that might have determined whether he would have participated in Triple Crown events.
Favored Bribon used a huge sweeping move on the turn to open a big lead in the stretch en route to his first graded stakes win in the $110,000 Westchester (gr. III) April 29 as Belmont Park opened its 2009 spring/summer meet.
After a pair of important grade I wins in New York as a sophomore last year, trainer Barclay Tagg had high expectations for Tale of Ekati in 2009, but so far things have not not panned out. Tagg will try blinkers on the son of Tale of the Cat as Belmont Park opens its 64-day spring/summer meet with the $100,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series
- New York OTBs, CDI at Odds Over Host Fees
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California