Seek Gold, 91-1 upset winner of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) in his last start, arrived at Hollywood Park from Louisville on Wednesday afternoon with a new giant to slay – Lava Man in Saturday's Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I).
Seek Gold, upset winner of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) June 17, turned in a sparkling five furlong work on Sunday at Churchill Downs in preparation for an expected start in the $750,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) July 8. Likely favorite Lava Man was assigned 124 pounds for the 1 1/4-mile event.
The morning after Seek Gold's stunning upset in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) was, in the words of trainer Ron Moquett, "surreal."
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture has released the quarantine of barn 9 at Ellis Park following a third round of negative test results for the equine bacterial disease known as strangles.
Asher set a brisk pace under jockey Mark Guidry and continued on to win Saturday's $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at Ellis Park.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic