Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire, a European import who has exceeded expectations this year while competing against many of the finest turf horses in North America, faces defending winner Dr. Kashnikow and 10 other rivals in the $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Churchill Downs.
Classy Forbidden Apple will try to end a five-race losing streak for trainer Christophe Clement in Saturday's one-mile Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT)/
Lynn and Michael Stanley's New York-bred Whitmore's Conn stormed to the lead in the stretch for an upset victory in Saturday's Bowling Green Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
With a solid mid-June tightener under his belt, the 6-year-old Nureyev horse Good Journey returns to stakes company as the morning-line favorite Thursday in the $250,000 Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) winner Congaree, third in the 2001 Kentucky Derby, will not make his turf debut in Churchill Downs' Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. II) on July 4 as previously planned.
Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire trumped his seven rivals in the King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) Sunday at Woodbine, cruising to a two length win with jockey Robert Landry aboard.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer