Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire, a European import who has exceeded expectations this year while competing against many of the finest turf horses in North America, faces defending winner Dr. Kashnikow and 10 other rivals in the $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Churchill Downs.
Classy Forbidden Apple will try to end a five-race losing streak for trainer Christophe Clement in Saturday's one-mile Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT)/
Lynn and Michael Stanley's New York-bred Whitmore's Conn stormed to the lead in the stretch for an upset victory in Saturday's Bowling Green Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
With a solid mid-June tightener under his belt, the 6-year-old Nureyev horse Good Journey returns to stakes company as the morning-line favorite Thursday in the $250,000 Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) winner Congaree, third in the 2001 Kentucky Derby, will not make his turf debut in Churchill Downs' Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. II) on July 4 as previously planned.
Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire trumped his seven rivals in the King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) Sunday at Woodbine, cruising to a two length win with jockey Robert Landry aboard.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule