Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire, a European import who has exceeded expectations this year while competing against many of the finest turf horses in North America, faces defending winner Dr. Kashnikow and 10 other rivals in the $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Churchill Downs.
Classy Forbidden Apple will try to end a five-race losing streak for trainer Christophe Clement in Saturday's one-mile Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT)/
Lynn and Michael Stanley's New York-bred Whitmore's Conn stormed to the lead in the stretch for an upset victory in Saturday's Bowling Green Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
With a solid mid-June tightener under his belt, the 6-year-old Nureyev horse Good Journey returns to stakes company as the morning-line favorite Thursday in the $250,000 Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) winner Congaree, third in the 2001 Kentucky Derby, will not make his turf debut in Churchill Downs' Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. II) on July 4 as previously planned.
Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire trumped his seven rivals in the King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) Sunday at Woodbine, cruising to a two length win with jockey Robert Landry aboard.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Del Mar Sees Daily Handle Drop for Fall Meet
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Dressed in Hermes Up Late for DeMille Win
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory
- 'All Others' Choice in Pool 1 of KDFW
- Poshsky Rallies to Take Berkeley Handicap
- Steward Tom Ward Works Final Day at Del Mar
- Mohaymen Heads South After Remsen Victory