Grade II winner Scrimshaw, third in the 2003 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), has moved to Texas where he will stand at Double S Thoroughbred Farm in Poynor for 2012. He stood at Moon Lake Farm in Louisiana in 2011.
Moon Lake Farm in Elm Grove, La., announced it will no longer be a public operation and will no longer stand stallions, effective in December.
Ro Parra's Millennium Farms near Lexington and John Turner's Moon Lake Farm near Elm Grove, La. have announced an alliance between their operations. Turner's farm will be renamed Millennium Farms at Moon Lake.
Millennium Farms announced that two of its Kentucky-based stallions, Scrimshaw and Woke Up Dreamin, will relocate to Moon Lake Farm in Louisiana for the 2010 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks