Some leading current and retired jockeys will test their karaoke skills against each other during an April 17 talent competition at the Keeneland Entertainment Center. The event, titled "Riders Up!," will benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund of the Jockeys' Guild.
The first foal for stakes winner Value Plus was born Jan. 17 at Carrie and Craig Brogden's Machmer Hall near Paris, Ky.
Outsider Sgt. Bert set a Keeneland course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf Sunday while winning the $114,600 Woodford Stakes for the second year in a row.
The Ohio State Racing Commission, subject of an investigation by the state Office of Inspector General, has agreed to allocate funds to expand the scope of its customary audit. The more detailed audit will look closely at issues raised in the probe.
Grade II stakes-placed Storm Passage, a full brother to grade I winner and young sire Tactical Cat, will enter stud at Jay Adcock's Red River Farms
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely