When Kelso took the fifth and last of his five consecutive Jockey Club Gold Cups (then at two miles) in 1964, many veteran horsemen believed they had seen a feat never to be equaled in American racing. They were wrong. Michael Moran's fabulous gelding McDynamo not only equaled Kelso's mark in a championship-level event by winning the Breeders' Cup Grand National Steeplechase (NSA-I) for the fifth consecutive time, but in some eyes went one better.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys