Back with members of her own age group, Go Forth North found things easier in the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Oak Tree/Hollywood Park.
Global Hunter, who broke down immediately after winning the July 4 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, underwent a four-hour surgery July 5 at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, Calif.
Global Hunter turned in a magnificent effort to win the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park on Independence Day, but his game head victory turned to sadness when the grade I winner pulled up lame.
Little-known Argentina bred Global Hunter surged past even-money choice Monterey Jazz in upper stretch and held sway for jockey Corey Nakatani to register a 14-1 upset in an eventful $350,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) at Del Mar July 25.
Coming off a sixth-place finish in last month's Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I), the Brazilian-bred River Savage bounded away from the 13-10 favorite Cantabria in the stretch for a two-length upset win the $107,300 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions