Back with members of her own age group, Go Forth North found things easier in the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Oak Tree/Hollywood Park.
Global Hunter, who broke down immediately after winning the July 4 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, underwent a four-hour surgery July 5 at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, Calif.
Global Hunter turned in a magnificent effort to win the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park on Independence Day, but his game head victory turned to sadness when the grade I winner pulled up lame.
Little-known Argentina bred Global Hunter surged past even-money choice Monterey Jazz in upper stretch and held sway for jockey Corey Nakatani to register a 14-1 upset in an eventful $350,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) at Del Mar July 25.
Coming off a sixth-place finish in last month's Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I), the Brazilian-bred River Savage bounded away from the 13-10 favorite Cantabria in the stretch for a two-length upset win the $107,300 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'