Talkin About Love came into the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) having won her last four allowance races by a combined 19 3/4-lengths, but the 3-year-old filly had never won a stakes and never tried a distance of over a mile. She came from off the pace to score by 1-3/4 lengths Aug. 12.
For the first seven starts of her career, Exchanging Fire won but one race. Now, six starts and four wins later, the 3-year-old filly is rolling toward her first graded stakes victory as she headlines a field of six in the Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. IIIT) Aug. 12.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
Michael Tabor's Love Locket, from the very deep stable of Todd Pletcher, is one of the horses to watch in a compact but talented field of six entered for the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Sunday.
Toll Taker can lose her "inconsistent" tag when the 3-year-old filly heads to the post in Sunday's $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III).
Ralph Evans' March Magic and the Michael Stidham trainee Impending Bear head a field of nine 3-year-old fillies entered in Saturday's Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications