George and Lori Hall's 5-year-old Pants On Fire took over in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) on July 28 at Monmouth Park after 3-5 favorite Take Charge Indy was pulled up with a condylar fracture to his left front.
After some deliberation, Take Charge Indy's connections will run the grade I-winning colt in the July 28 Monmouth Cup (gr. II), where he'll carry 123-pound highweight against the likes of Hymn Book, Pants on Fire, and more.
Trainer Pat Byrne said the Whitney Invitational (gr. I) and the Monmouth Cup (gr. II) are potential races for the 4-year-old colt, who will work July 19 at Churchill Downs before a decision is made.
Monmouth Park has announced it has raised all non-stakes purses on the William Hill Haskell Invitational (gr. I) program July 28 by 20%.
Led by the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) July 28, Monmouth Park has announced a total stakes schedule of $6 million, including 16 graded events worth $3.45 million, for the 2013 racing season.
Trainer Derek Ryan confirmed Oct. 13 that Musket Man will make his next start in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) on Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
A determined Etched held off the closing charge of odds-on favorite Musket Man to win the Monmouth Cup Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 9.
A small but select -- and extremely competitive -- field of six has been entered for the $200,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) at Monmouth Park Oct. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle