The sale of Garden State Park to a development company is viewed as the death knell for live racing at the southern New Jersey track, but officials weren't able to say when the last live race will be run. Pennwood Racing, which leases Garden State, is said to have applied for a Thoroughbred meet; the application must be in to the New Jersey Racing Commission by Friday. A previous request from Pennwood to race six days at Garden State in 2001 was rejected by the commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered