The sale of Garden State Park to a development company is viewed as the death knell for live racing at the southern New Jersey track, but officials weren't able to say when the last live race will be run. Pennwood Racing, which leases Garden State, is said to have applied for a Thoroughbred meet; the application must be in to the New Jersey Racing Commission by Friday. A previous request from Pennwood to race six days at Garden State in 2001 was rejected by the commission.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview