The sale of Garden State Park to a development company is viewed as the death knell for live racing at the southern New Jersey track, but officials weren't able to say when the last live race will be run. Pennwood Racing, which leases Garden State, is said to have applied for a Thoroughbred meet; the application must be in to the New Jersey Racing Commission by Friday. A previous request from Pennwood to race six days at Garden State in 2001 was rejected by the commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'