On a yielding turf course and in a paceless race, Cetewayo closed from far back to win Saturday's $200,000 Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) by 3 1/4 lengths over favored Band Is Passing. The win marks the first for the 8-year-old son of His Majesty since taking the Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) in November of 2000.
Breakaway Racing Stable's Unite's Big Red, who won the Mac Diarmida (gr. III) two years ago, breezed five furlongs in 1:04 2/5 at Calder Race Course last Sunday in preparation for his upcoming engagement in Sunday's renewal of that same stakes event.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014