Trainer Christophe Clement ambushed California once again when Naissance Royale proved a convincing winner of the $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) Nov. 4, the final day of the five-week Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita.
German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Monceaux Stable's heavily favored Naissance Royale charged down the stretch in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) to catch J'ray in the final strides for a neck victory at Gulfstream Park.
Monceaux Stable's Naissance Royale outfinished Ambitious Cat to win the $308,900 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares Saturday at Woodbine over a soft turf course.
A fresh start was in order for the Irish-bred invader Naissance Royale, who began her career in France, and the 3-year-old filly responded brilliantly with a late surge to win in the $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga lawn Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners