Trainer Christophe Clement ambushed California once again when Naissance Royale proved a convincing winner of the $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) Nov. 4, the final day of the five-week Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita.
German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Monceaux Stable's heavily favored Naissance Royale charged down the stretch in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) to catch J'ray in the final strides for a neck victory at Gulfstream Park.
Monceaux Stable's Naissance Royale outfinished Ambitious Cat to win the $308,900 Nassau Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares Saturday at Woodbine over a soft turf course.
A fresh start was in order for the Irish-bred invader Naissance Royale, who began her career in France, and the 3-year-old filly responded brilliantly with a late surge to win in the $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga lawn Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Champ Work All Week Takes Mountaineer Stakes
- Holy Boss Extends Streak in Amsterdam
- Palace to Miss Remainder of Saratoga Meet
- Travers Purse $1.6 Million if 'Pharoah' Runs
- Second Massachusetts Horsemen's Group Forms
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million
- Jockey Montalvo Hits 1,000-Win Milestone
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run