Dance for Us, ridden by Chantal Sutherland, won the second leg of the Triple Tiara for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies when she prevailed by a nose in Woodbine's $217,665 Bison City Stakes June 28.
Spring Mountain was among the standouts Friday during the fourth and final session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Young sires Monashee Mountain and Thunderello have been relocated to Dave Ferguson's Diamond F Ranch near Grass Valley, Calif.
The second and final session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Woodbine yearling sale -- preferred offerings -- took place Sept. 8, with similar results to the select session: a decrease in average but a steady middle market.
Monashee Mountain garnered his first Australian group I victory with La Montagna's win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) at Brisbane, Eagle Farm oval June 10.
Despite drifting out in the stretch run, Shamoan held off the outsider Apache Point to win the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Friday night.
Coolmore stallion Monashee Mountain, one of the leading freshman sires, got off to quick start in Australia when his first Australian starter scored in Queensland yesterday.
Monashee Mountain, a half-brother to Horse of the Year Mineshaft, will move from Coolmore Stud in Ireland to Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., for 2005.
Moonshee Mountain, a $1 million Keeneland July sale yearling, came through with his first winner when his son Monashee Prince won April 26 at five furlongs at Hamilton Park in England.
Irish group winner Monashee Mountain, who was sold for $1 million at the 1998 Keeneland July yearling sale, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Spiral Stakes Provides Road to the Derby Option