Monashee, a British Columbia champion, has been retired from racing and will be bred to first-year stallion Hard Spun.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Five-year-old Monashee, bred in Kentucky but the pride of Western Canada, bade farewell to Hastings Park Oct. 13 with a smooth victory in the $132,597 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-III) to rack up her 11th consecutive stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers