Monashee, a British Columbia champion, has been retired from racing and will be bred to first-year stallion Hard Spun.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Five-year-old Monashee, bred in Kentucky but the pride of Western Canada, bade farewell to Hastings Park Oct. 13 with a smooth victory in the $132,597 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-III) to rack up her 11th consecutive stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame