Monashee, a British Columbia champion, has been retired from racing and will be bred to first-year stallion Hard Spun.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Five-year-old Monashee, bred in Kentucky but the pride of Western Canada, bade farewell to Hastings Park Oct. 13 with a smooth victory in the $132,597 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-III) to rack up her 11th consecutive stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North