Monashee, a British Columbia champion, has been retired from racing and will be bred to first-year stallion Hard Spun.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Five-year-old Monashee, bred in Kentucky but the pride of Western Canada, bade farewell to Hastings Park Oct. 13 with a smooth victory in the $132,597 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-III) to rack up her 11th consecutive stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next