Monarchoftheglen, a $1.5 million Coolmore yearling purchase in 2000, died March 11 from apparent heart failure after finishing last of eight in a six-furlong claiming race at Mountaineer Park.
Trainer Steve Asmussen notched his third winner on Wednesday's Churchill Downs card when Full Mandate, with Donnie Meche aboard, seized the lead near the eighth pole and powered to a one-length victory over longshot Irish Legacy in the featured $43,400 allowance for 3-year-olds and up.
If you feel there's no value in the Future Wager on the horses running this weekend, then you might want to consider looking for your value now. And D'Coach, High Star, and Puerto Banus are three horses you can have some fun with.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely