Monarchoftheglen, a $1.5 million Coolmore yearling purchase in 2000, died March 11 from apparent heart failure after finishing last of eight in a six-furlong claiming race at Mountaineer Park.
Trainer Steve Asmussen notched his third winner on Wednesday's Churchill Downs card when Full Mandate, with Donnie Meche aboard, seized the lead near the eighth pole and powered to a one-length victory over longshot Irish Legacy in the featured $43,400 allowance for 3-year-olds and up.
If you feel there's no value in the Future Wager on the horses running this weekend, then you might want to consider looking for your value now. And D'Coach, High Star, and Puerto Banus are three horses you can have some fun with.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement