A national conversation over the legality and viability of daily fantasy sports was at the forefront of the California Horse Racing Board session Oct. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
New York's five off-track betting corporations said they have cut ties with Churchill Downs Inc. and won't offer signals from tracks owned by the company or tracks that contract with CDI to sell their simulcast signals.
- By Tom LaMarra
- Handicapping, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
The lengthy dispute that has kept members of the Mid-Atlantic Cooperative from offering wagering on racetracks represented by Monarch Content Management has ended, an official confirmed March 27.
All-sources pari-mutuel handle is up 10.3% year-to-date at Tampa Bay Downs, which puts the Florida racetrack on course to average more than $4 million per day and finish with its highest wagering total since the 2010-11 meet.
- By Tom LaMarra
Generating more revenue for live racing is good, but what's the end game? read blog
After a dispute, the Nevada Pari-Mutuel Association and Monarch Content Management struck a temporary agreement Feb. 19 to allow Monarch-controlled simulcast signals to be offered.
Twenty-three racetracks and their affiliated wagering outlets began 2015 without the signals from Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita Park, and Laurel Park as a simulcast-fee dispute entered its second month.
A war of words in a dispute between two cooperatives that negotiate simulcast fees continued Dec. 8 when the MidAtlantic Cooperative, which represents 23 racetracks, said Monarch Content Management misstated facts.
The mini-satellite wagering network in California expanded to Santa Maria with the California Horse Racing Board's approval Aug. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus