New York's five off-track betting corporations said they have cut ties with Churchill Downs Inc. and won't offer signals from tracks owned by the company or tracks that contract with CDI to sell their simulcast signals.
- By Tom LaMarra
- Handicapping, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic
The lengthy dispute that has kept members of the Mid-Atlantic Cooperative from offering wagering on racetracks represented by Monarch Content Management has ended, an official confirmed March 27.
All-sources pari-mutuel handle is up 10.3% year-to-date at Tampa Bay Downs, which puts the Florida racetrack on course to average more than $4 million per day and finish with its highest wagering total since the 2010-11 meet.
- By Tom LaMarra
Generating more revenue for live racing is good, but what's the end game? read blog
After a dispute, the Nevada Pari-Mutuel Association and Monarch Content Management struck a temporary agreement Feb. 19 to allow Monarch-controlled simulcast signals to be offered.
Twenty-three racetracks and their affiliated wagering outlets began 2015 without the signals from Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita Park, and Laurel Park as a simulcast-fee dispute entered its second month.
A war of words in a dispute between two cooperatives that negotiate simulcast fees continued Dec. 8 when the MidAtlantic Cooperative, which represents 23 racetracks, said Monarch Content Management misstated facts.
The mini-satellite wagering network in California expanded to Santa Maria with the California Horse Racing Board's approval Aug. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet