Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
An all-star cast, led by this year's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Motivator and 2004 Irish Champion (Ire-I) winner Azamour will be lining up for Saturday's running of the Baileys Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown.
The Aga Khan's Shawanda trounced the field in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh Sunday in what jockey Christophe Soumillon called his "easiest group I winner."
Mr. and Mrs. Martin Wygod's Sweet Catomine, winner of the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) and Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. II) in three career starts, is the 5-2 choice in Saturday's Breeders' Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club