Kinnaird defied her 69-1 odds and the fact that she had not won a race in two years to post a major shocker in the Prix de l'Opera Casino Barriere d'Enghien (Fr-I).
An all-star cast, led by this year's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Motivator and 2004 Irish Champion (Ire-I) winner Azamour will be lining up for Saturday's running of the Baileys Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown.
The Aga Khan's Shawanda trounced the field in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh Sunday in what jockey Christophe Soumillon called his "easiest group I winner."
Mr. and Mrs. Martin Wygod's Sweet Catomine, winner of the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) and Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. II) in three career starts, is the 5-2 choice in Saturday's Breeders' Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap