In hopes of heading off positive drug tests for zilpaterol, the California Horse Racing Board is warning trainers of sweet feed products containing a molasses base produced by Purina at its Turlock, Calif., mill.
A strong first breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sales Monday was headed by Molasses (Machiavellian), a 4-year-old in foal to Mozart offered from Maria Niarchos and family's Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation