Champion sprinter Kona Gold scored his second consecutive Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) Sunday at Del Mar, defeating Caller One by three-quarter lengths in the $196,000 race. The win extends Kona Gold's current winning streak to seven races.
Kona Gold settled behind This Tune Can Hum through the early going before rallying to win the $196,498 Ancient Title Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by three lengths Saturday at Santa Anita. Under Alex Solis, Kona Gold completed the six furlongs in 1:08.11, the fastest six furlongs of the current Santa Anita meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing