Champion sprinter Kona Gold scored his second consecutive Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) Sunday at Del Mar, defeating Caller One by three-quarter lengths in the $196,000 race. The win extends Kona Gold's current winning streak to seven races.
Kona Gold settled behind This Tune Can Hum through the early going before rallying to win the $196,498 Ancient Title Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by three lengths Saturday at Santa Anita. Under Alex Solis, Kona Gold completed the six furlongs in 1:08.11, the fastest six furlongs of the current Santa Anita meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win