The California Horse Racing Board has dismissed a pair of six-year-old complaints against trainer Bobby Frankel concerning morphine positives in post-race urine samples taken from his trainees Starmaniac and Mojave Moon in 2000.
Grade II stakes-placed Mojave Moon was represented by his first winner when his son Mieszko won July 10 at Delaware Park.
Grade II stakes-placed Mojave Moon, whose dam, French champion East of the Moon, is a half-sister to major sire Kingmambo, will enter stud at the Boniface family's Bonita Farm near Darlington, Md.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
For the second time in five years, Hall of Fame and Eclipse Award-winning trainer Robert Frankel is fighting charges levied by the California Horse Racing Board after morphine was detected in post-race tests of horses he trains.
The California Horse Racing Board issued two complaints Saturday against prominent Southern California trainer Robert Frankel. Frankel was cited after morphine was detected in urine samples taken from two horses the trainer raced at Hollywood Park in June.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters