Just two days after the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. announced it will end the slots-at-racetracks program in the province in March 2013, it acted swiftly by revealing that slots parlors at three tracks will close.
Woodbine Entertainment will soon have its slot machine casinos open around the clock on Fridays and Saturdays beginning April 1. The Toronto area racetrack also will extend its hours of operation during the rest of the week by two hours a day.
The OJC on Friday changed its name to Woodbine Entertainment Group, and also unveilved a new Web site that reflects the change. In a prepared statement, WEG said the new name better reflects the scope of the company and its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Texas Commission Gets Three-Month Reprieve
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF