Just two days after the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. announced it will end the slots-at-racetracks program in the province in March 2013, it acted swiftly by revealing that slots parlors at three tracks will close.
Woodbine Entertainment will soon have its slot machine casinos open around the clock on Fridays and Saturdays beginning April 1. The Toronto area racetrack also will extend its hours of operation during the rest of the week by two hours a day.
The OJC on Friday changed its name to Woodbine Entertainment Group, and also unveilved a new Web site that reflects the change. In a prepared statement, WEG said the new name better reflects the scope of the company and its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes