Just two days after the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. announced it will end the slots-at-racetracks program in the province in March 2013, it acted swiftly by revealing that slots parlors at three tracks will close.
Woodbine Entertainment will soon have its slot machine casinos open around the clock on Fridays and Saturdays beginning April 1. The Toronto area racetrack also will extend its hours of operation during the rest of the week by two hours a day.
The OJC on Friday changed its name to Woodbine Entertainment Group, and also unveilved a new Web site that reflects the change. In a prepared statement, WEG said the new name better reflects the scope of the company and its business.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines