A memorial service is to be held Feb. 25 for Mahmoud M. Fustok, owner of Buckram Oak Farm, in Fort Lauderdale, his family announced.
A memorial service is to be held Feb. 25 for Mahmoud M. Fustok, owner of Buckram Oak Farm, in Fort Lauderdale, his family has announced.
- By Ron Mitchell
Multiple graded stakes winner Eurosilver has been retired after being diagnosed with a hairline fracture of his left hind leg following his sixth-place finish in the Aug. 6 Whitney Handicap.
Eurosilver, winner of the 2003 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) and this year's Skip Away Handicap (gr. III), has been retired after being diagnosed with a hairline fracture in his left hind leg following a sixth-place finish in the Aug. 6 Whitney Handicap (gr. I).
A Devil His Due colt, a full brother to added-money winner Devil At the Wire, got the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction off to a rousing start Tuesday morning when he sold for $395,000.
Buckram Oak Farm's Silver Wagon, last year's Hopeful (gr. I) winner who had been scheduled to run in the Florida Derby (gr. I), likely will undergo surgery on both knees, which will keep him out of training for most of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- That Handicapping Show: Pennsylvania Derby
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue