A memorial service is to be held Feb. 25 for Mahmoud M. Fustok, owner of Buckram Oak Farm, in Fort Lauderdale, his family announced.
A memorial service is to be held Feb. 25 for Mahmoud M. Fustok, owner of Buckram Oak Farm, in Fort Lauderdale, his family has announced.
- By Ron Mitchell
Multiple graded stakes winner Eurosilver has been retired after being diagnosed with a hairline fracture of his left hind leg following his sixth-place finish in the Aug. 6 Whitney Handicap.
Eurosilver, winner of the 2003 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) and this year's Skip Away Handicap (gr. III), has been retired after being diagnosed with a hairline fracture in his left hind leg following a sixth-place finish in the Aug. 6 Whitney Handicap (gr. I).
A Devil His Due colt, a full brother to added-money winner Devil At the Wire, got the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction off to a rousing start Tuesday morning when he sold for $395,000.
Buckram Oak Farm's Silver Wagon, last year's Hopeful (gr. I) winner who had been scheduled to run in the Florida Derby (gr. I), likely will undergo surgery on both knees, which will keep him out of training for most of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al