Mohammed bin Khalifa al Maktoum's Vale Dori continued to impress on U.S. soil with a clear victory in the $200,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 2 at Del Mar.
A Fastnet Rock colt sold to trainer Gerald Ryan for the highest price of $1.3 million ($1,224,972 in United States funds) April 10 before the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale closed its three-day run in Sydney.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes