Wild One struck from off the pace Aug. 1 at Greyville to land the eLan Property Group Gold Cup (SAf-I), South Africa's premier staying event, which was delayed a week due to inclement weather.
Making her first start in the United States, South African mare Gypsy's Warning caught favored Maram in the final stride to post a 7-1 upset in the $147,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf May 31.
Mogok, an unraced 3-year-old son of Storm Cat, topped the Goffs France summer sale on July 3 , bringing a bid of 135,000 euros ($155,858 in U.S. funds) from the Kern Lillingston bloodstock agency.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Yearling Sale Season Ends With F-T October
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted