Wild One struck from off the pace Aug. 1 at Greyville to land the eLan Property Group Gold Cup (SAf-I), South Africa's premier staying event, which was delayed a week due to inclement weather.
Making her first start in the United States, South African mare Gypsy's Warning caught favored Maram in the final stride to post a 7-1 upset in the $147,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf May 31.
Mogok, an unraced 3-year-old son of Storm Cat, topped the Goffs France summer sale on July 3 , bringing a bid of 135,000 euros ($155,858 in U.S. funds) from the Kern Lillingston bloodstock agency.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile