A field of 12, including six horses that have won over the Keeneland main track, line up for an interesting edition of the $150,000 Fayette Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 29 on closing day of the fall meet.
New York-bred Inherit the Gold bagged his fifth consecutive win and scored in his graded-stakes debut when he powered home to a 6 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Excelsior Stakes (gr. III) April 2 at Aqueduct.
New York-bred Inherit the Gold was pegged as the 9-5 morning line favorite for the $100,000 Excelsior (gr. III) April 2 at Aqueduct.
Sent off at 19-1 in a six-horse field, More Than a Reason came from off the pace and ran down Stormy's Majesty in the final strides to win the $100,000 Queens County (gr. III) Dec. 11 and notch his first stakes victory.
Veteran millionaire Arson Squad, a two-time grade III winner this season, and 3-year-old Stormy's Majesty, who scored the Discovery Handicap last out, are the standouts among a field of six in the Queens County H.
With Anticipation (gr. IIIT) winner Interactif, scratched out of Belmont's off-the-turf Pilgrim Stakes a week ago, will instead try the $125,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds Oct. 11 at Keeneland. He is one of three starters entered for Todd Pletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres