The Association of Racing Commissioners International Model Rules Committee has adopted protocol that prohibits private veterinarians from administering furosemide on race day.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International has voted 12-0, with one abstention, to recommend lowering the threshold of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Phenylbutazone.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International approved several recommendations, including restrictions on the use of toe grabs and annual continuing education for trainers, during an Aug. 1 meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud
- Making the Grade: Mohaymen
- Minnesota Offers Breeding, Sale Incentives
- HRRN to Cover Penn Gaming Racing Challenge
- Rounsefell to Represent Inglis in U.S.
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 9, 2016
- WGOH: Backpedaling on Progress
- Inside the February 13, 2016 Issue
- Health Zone: Broodmare Care
- Uncle Mo Yearlings in Demand at Inglis