A rules committee for horse racing's umbrella group of regulators, the Association of Racing Commissioners, failed to advance an industry-supported recommendation on expanded out-of-competition testing at its meeting July 14 in Seattle.
The Association of Racing Commissioners International Model Rules Committee has adopted protocol that prohibits private veterinarians from administering furosemide on race day.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International has voted 12-0, with one abstention, to recommend lowering the threshold of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Phenylbutazone.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International approved several recommendations, including restrictions on the use of toe grabs and annual continuing education for trainers, during an Aug. 1 meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury