A rules committee for horse racing's umbrella group of regulators, the Association of Racing Commissioners, failed to advance an industry-supported recommendation on expanded out-of-competition testing at its meeting July 14 in Seattle.
The Association of Racing Commissioners International Model Rules Committee has adopted protocol that prohibits private veterinarians from administering furosemide on race day.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International has voted 12-0, with one abstention, to recommend lowering the threshold of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Phenylbutazone.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International approved several recommendations, including restrictions on the use of toe grabs and annual continuing education for trainers, during an Aug. 1 meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million