A rules committee for horse racing's umbrella group of regulators, the Association of Racing Commissioners, failed to advance an industry-supported recommendation on expanded out-of-competition testing at its meeting July 14 in Seattle.
The Association of Racing Commissioners International Model Rules Committee has adopted protocol that prohibits private veterinarians from administering furosemide on race day.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International has voted 12-0, with one abstention, to recommend lowering the threshold of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Phenylbutazone.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International approved several recommendations, including restrictions on the use of toe grabs and annual continuing education for trainers, during an Aug. 1 meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Trainer Jim Penney Dies at 82