The Association of Racing Commissioners International Model Rules Committee has adopted protocol that prohibits private veterinarians from administering furosemide on race day.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International has voted 12-0, with one abstention, to recommend lowering the threshold of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Phenylbutazone.
A recommendation to lower the recommended threshold for phenylbutazone will be considered by the Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Model Rules Committee of the Association of Racing Commissioners International approved several recommendations, including restrictions on the use of toe grabs and annual continuing education for trainers, during an Aug. 1 meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Florida Governor Signs Medication Reform Bill
- NTRA Announces NHC Dates, Updated Rules