Favored Oonagh Maccool spotted her five rival fillies and mares a couple of lengths at the start of Saturday's $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park but proved much the best in the drive to win easily at odds of 11-10.
Kinsman Stable's 4-year-old homebred filly Sweet Symphony returns to competition in Saturday's $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) going 1 1/8 miles at Gulfstream Park in her first start since finishing ninth in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Belmont Park on Oct. 29.
Mike Rutherford's homebred Taittinger Rose mowed down her rivals in the stretch with a bold move on the outside to register her first graded stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Miss Matched could be the horse to beat in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Gulfstream Park in her first start since finishing third in the Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) at Hoosier Downs on Sept. 30.
Carolyn M. Chapman's Malibu Mint made a remarkable recovery after nearly going down in tight quarters on the far turn, rallying to win the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap for fillies and mares at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score