Favored Oonagh Maccool spotted her five rival fillies and mares a couple of lengths at the start of Saturday's $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park but proved much the best in the drive to win easily at odds of 11-10.
Kinsman Stable's 4-year-old homebred filly Sweet Symphony returns to competition in Saturday's $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) going 1 1/8 miles at Gulfstream Park in her first start since finishing ninth in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Belmont Park on Oct. 29.
Mike Rutherford's homebred Taittinger Rose mowed down her rivals in the stretch with a bold move on the outside to register her first graded stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Miss Matched could be the horse to beat in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Gulfstream Park in her first start since finishing third in the Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) at Hoosier Downs on Sept. 30.
Carolyn M. Chapman's Malibu Mint made a remarkable recovery after nearly going down in tight quarters on the far turn, rallying to win the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap for fillies and mares at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection