Trainer Richard Mandella takes a shot at his own record Dec. 14 in the $150,000 Native Diver Stakes (gr. III), a 7-year-old longshot could become the oldest winner in the final running, and Slim Shadey tries Cushion Track.
Take Control, the first foal out of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, will make his second start after a layoff of 2 1/2 years in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 28 at Del Mar.
Trainer Mike Mitchell, who had brain surgery a day earlier, surely got some much-needed tonic when his Camp Victory swept to victory in the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Betfair Hollywood Park June 30.
The Factor, making his first appearance since the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) three months ago, and defending champion Smiling Tiger headline the field for the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. IT) June 30 at Hollywood.
Mr. Commons returns from a layoff of nearly three months to face 10 opponents in the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. II) on the Betfair Hollywood Park turf May 26.
Grade I winner Willa B Awesome, sent off as a heavy favorite in the $288,000 Melair Stakes, was all out to win by a nose over a determined Starry Skies at Befair Hollywood Park April 28.
Uh Oh Bango outfought favored Bold Chieftain by a head in a terrific finish to post the first graded stakes win of his career in the $100,000 Berkeley (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields May 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite