Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike will attempt to add the second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown to his record when he goes to post as the 6-5 favorite in the July 25 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie Racetrack.
Favored Hollinger, roused in upper stretch by jockey Tyler Pizarro, charged impressively to win the $242,341 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-olds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 18.
Bridgetown surged past favored Stormy Lord in the stretch and held sway to win the $286,891 Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 19, locking up a berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf with the victory.
Two-year-olds on the turf take the spotlight at Woodbine Sept. 19 when Canada's important weekend of racing starts off with the Summer and Natalma (both Can-IIIT) stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go