Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike will attempt to add the second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown to his record when he goes to post as the 6-5 favorite in the July 25 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie Racetrack.
Favored Hollinger, roused in upper stretch by jockey Tyler Pizarro, charged impressively to win the $242,341 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-olds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 18.
Bridgetown surged past favored Stormy Lord in the stretch and held sway to win the $286,891 Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 19, locking up a berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf with the victory.
Two-year-olds on the turf take the spotlight at Woodbine Sept. 19 when Canada's important weekend of racing starts off with the Summer and Natalma (both Can-IIIT) stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse