Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike will attempt to add the second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown to his record when he goes to post as the 6-5 favorite in the July 25 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie Racetrack.
Favored Hollinger, roused in upper stretch by jockey Tyler Pizarro, charged impressively to win the $242,341 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-olds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 18.
Bridgetown surged past favored Stormy Lord in the stretch and held sway to win the $286,891 Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 19, locking up a berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf with the victory.
Two-year-olds on the turf take the spotlight at Woodbine Sept. 19 when Canada's important weekend of racing starts off with the Summer and Natalma (both Can-IIIT) stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby