Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Queen's Plate winner Big Red Mike will attempt to add the second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown to his record when he goes to post as the 6-5 favorite in the July 25 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie Racetrack.
Favored Hollinger, roused in upper stretch by jockey Tyler Pizarro, charged impressively to win the $242,341 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-olds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 18.
Bridgetown surged past favored Stormy Lord in the stretch and held sway to win the $286,891 Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 19, locking up a berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf with the victory.
Two-year-olds on the turf take the spotlight at Woodbine Sept. 19 when Canada's important weekend of racing starts off with the Summer and Natalma (both Can-IIIT) stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap