Fast fractions and a well timed ride by veteran jockey Calvin Borel, enabled Kettleoneup to roll through the stretch en route to a widening 2 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III), for fillies and mares competing at Hawthorne Saturday.
The Todd Pletcher-trained Mo Cuishle, a grade III winner, is a slight 2-1 favorite in a small field of five entered for Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Hawthorne.
Asi Siempre and Soul Search, who ran one-two in the Spinster (gr. I) last October at Keeneland, will make their 2007 debuts in Wednesday's $100,000-added Doubledogdare (gr. III).
Malibu Mint, soundly defeated by 23-1 shot Rahys' Appeal in the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II), wound up in the winner's circle via disqualification at Aqueduct Friday.
Grade I winner Malibu Mint meets the undefeated and potentially freakish Mo Cuishle in a strong renewal of Friday's $150,000 Top Flight Handicap presented by Delta Air Lines (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
Michael Tabor's Love Locket, from the very deep stable of Todd Pletcher, is one of the horses to watch in a compact but talented field of six entered for the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- Rich Tapestry, Big Macher in Sprint Works
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- BC 2014: Dale Romans Oct 25 Works