The West Virginia Racing Commission May 20 signed off on several new regulations, including one that will allow the state to participate in the multiple medication violation penalty system that is part national model rules.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission April 30 will consider adoption of new equine mediation rules for Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse, and Standardbred racing.
The National Uniform Medication Program will be in place when Delaware Park begins its 2014 racing season May 17, according to the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence