Selling as a broodmare prospect, Misty Sixes brought a final price of $500,000 to top the third session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington, Ky. Wednesday. Lance Robinson's Gulf Coast Farm purchased the 7-year-old mare from the consignment of Taylor Made Sales Agency.
Edmund Gann's Personal Legend returned to the dirt to register her first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $110,700 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
A filly whose victories have all come when she is on or near the lead, Madcapt Stable's Capeside Lady faces a difficult task in the $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct Park, when she'll have serious pace rivals to deal with.
Even-money choice Summer Wind Dancer and jockey Victor Espinoza needed nearly all of the 1 1/4-mile Delaware Handicap (gr. II) to overtake front-running Roar Emotion by 1 1/4 lengths Sunday at sloppy Delaware Park.
California shipper Summer Wind Dancer, scratched from Sunday's Milady Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park, tops a field of ten entered in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) at Delaware Park Sunday.
Puglisi Stable's Misty Sixes established herself as one of the early favorites for the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) July 18 with an authoritative 2 1/2-length victory Saturday in the $100,000 Obeah Handicap for fillies and mares.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady, one of America's finest fillies during her three years of racing, is a strong favorite to win what may be the final race of her distinguished career in Thursday's $300,000-added Falls City Handicap gr. II), the traditional Thanksgiving Day feature at historic Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season