Hobeau Farm's homebred Swap Fliparoo closed with a rush along the inside to defeat 12 rivals in the $250,000 Darley Test (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course Saturday.
Lacking a clear-cut standout, 15 sophomore fillies were entered for Saturday's $250,000 Darly Test Stakes (gr. I) over seven furlongs at Saratoga Race Course.
Diplomat Lady gets back to what she does best -- sprinting around one turn -- Saturday in Belmont Park's 59th running of the grade I, $250,000 Prioress Breeders' Cup for 3-year-old fillies at six furlongs.
Last at the three-eighths pole, 18-1 outsider Miraculous Miss blew past her nine rivals in the stretch to win Sunday's $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies going away at Gulfstream Park.
Beverly Lewis' Folklore, the 2-year-old filly champion of 2005, and Amerman Racing Stable's Balance, winner of the Las Virgenes (gr. I) at Santa Anita in her most recent start, are 6-1 co-favorites as the four-day second pool of Churchill Downs' Kentucky Oaks Future Wager reached its midway point on Friday.
Original Spin, third last year in the Alberto VO5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), and undefeated Misty Rosette will be among the choices in a very competitive field of 11 3-year-old fillies drawn for the $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs Sunday at Gulfstream Park.
Sonia Chapman and Stuart Tsujimoto's 3-year-old filly Misty Rosette remained undefeated in her three starts after splashing home a four-length winner over Swap Fliparoo in Saturday's $100,000 Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens