A determined runner-up in last month's American Oaks (gr. IT) in her American debut, Satan's Circus faces nine rivals in a wide open $350,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 16.
It seems that no matter what they throw at the vastly improving Storm Mesa, she can handle it. In her latest test, the daughter of Sky Mesa was shipped to Del Mar for her turf debut July 26, and in spite of an eventful trip, she rallied past pacesetter Misty Ocean and Tasha's Miracle to win the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for her fifth consecutive triumph.
Misty Ocean and Bel Air Sizzle, the first two finishers in last month's Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT), will be among the favorites in an evenly matched field for the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar July 26.
After Misty Ocean scored a 5 1/2-length win in a minor stakes at Golden Gate Fields last month, trainer Jerry Hollendorfer had a much more ambitious spot in mind for his newly converted turf runner. His hunch proved correct when the 3-year-old daughter of Stormy Atlantic went gate to wire to win the $173,250 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park June 7.
Sweeter Still, winner of the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose in her last start, is the 121-pound high weight in the $175,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park lawn June 7.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory