Headed by Japan's Dance in the Mood an international cast of fourteen 3-year-old fillies will contest Hollywood Park's third running of the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf Saturday.
Sagitta Ra and Amorama, the respective third- and fifth-place finishers in the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap on June 5, were extended alternate invitations Tuesday to Saturdays $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Michael Tabor's favored Necklace came under some pressure from jockey Mick Kinane to catch Menhoubah in the final 100 yards, but the 2-year-old filly proved her superiority with a one-length victory in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast