Headed by Japan's Dance in the Mood an international cast of fourteen 3-year-old fillies will contest Hollywood Park's third running of the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf Saturday.
Sagitta Ra and Amorama, the respective third- and fifth-place finishers in the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap on June 5, were extended alternate invitations Tuesday to Saturdays $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Michael Tabor's favored Necklace came under some pressure from jockey Mick Kinane to catch Menhoubah in the final 100 yards, but the 2-year-old filly proved her superiority with a one-length victory in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18