Headed by Japan's Dance in the Mood an international cast of fourteen 3-year-old fillies will contest Hollywood Park's third running of the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf Saturday.
Sagitta Ra and Amorama, the respective third- and fifth-place finishers in the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap on June 5, were extended alternate invitations Tuesday to Saturdays $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Michael Tabor's favored Necklace came under some pressure from jockey Mick Kinane to catch Menhoubah in the final 100 yards, but the 2-year-old filly proved her superiority with a one-length victory in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab