A field of only six was drawn for the Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds March 29, with one of the notables, Amira's Prince, also entered in the Pan American (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park the same day.
Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) contender Last Gunfighter and grade I winner Alpha head a competitive Nov. 30 edition of the $350,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap Presented by Xpressbet (gr. II).
Pin Oak Stable's homebred Alternation, winner of five of six starts this year, will make his first start in almost two months when he carries top weight in the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup.
Last-minute entry Caixa Eletronica made good on his trip from New York to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic (gr. II) at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races the evening of April 14.
Wise Dan, General Quarters, Mister Mardi Gras among those that work the morning of June 28 in advance of Churchill Downs' July 4 Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT).
After a solid showing on the Triple Crown trail, Paddy O'Prado has emerged as the top 3-year-old turf horse in the nation following a pair of graded stakes wins at Colonial Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby