The Jim Stable's Ben's Cat, as part of "Maryland Pride" day at Laurel Park Aug. 20, will attempt to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes at six furlongs on the grass for the seventh consecutive year.
Maryland star Ben's Cat breezed a half-mile Aug. 12 at Laurel Park in his final timed work before seeking to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes for the seventh successive year Aug. 20.
The Jim Stable's 10-year-old Ben's Cat, winner of 26 stakes in his career, will try for his seventh consecutive victory in the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes Aug. 20, which is "Maryland Pride Day" at Laurel Park.
Sired by half brothers and out of full sisters, Ah Day and Ben's Cat share three of their four grandparents, and the differences between them may have a lot to do with that quarter they don't share.
On a day his now Racing Hall of Fame owner-breeder-trainer was honored, Ben's Cat won the $60,000 Mister Diz Stakes for a sixth straight year Saturday while nailing down the 30th victory overall in his amazing career.
Horses bred in Maryland or sired by stallions in the state are coming out of the woodwork Aug. 22 at Laurel Park, where an 11-race program that includes four stakes has attracted 145 entries.
Make that four years in a row for Ben's Cat in the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes. The Jim Stable star from the King Leatherbury barn carried Julian Pimentel to an easy 1 3/4-length victory over the firm turf April 6 at Pimlico.
The last time he raced at Pimlico, Yankee Wildcat set the five-furlong turf track record. Saturday, on a yielding course, he merely blew away his opposition to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes for Maryland breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training