Havana extended his neck in the final strides and reached the wire just in time over a surging Honor Code to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods Champagne Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
The strapping gray colt sold at the Barretts select 2-year-old sale March 4. Hip 67 was sold by Bruno DeBerdt's Excel Bloodstock as agent.
Eleven youngsters shaded 10 seconds for a furlong at the March 1 under-tack preview for the Barretts March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training in Pomona, Calif. Two went in :09 3/5 for the fastest previews.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective