Havana extended his neck in the final strides and reached the wire just in time over a surging Honor Code to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods Champagne Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
The strapping gray colt sold at the Barretts select 2-year-old sale March 4. Hip 67 was sold by Bruno DeBerdt's Excel Bloodstock as agent.
Eleven youngsters shaded 10 seconds for a furlong at the March 1 under-tack preview for the Barretts March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training in Pomona, Calif. Two went in :09 3/5 for the fastest previews.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill