Havana extended his neck in the final strides and reached the wire just in time over a surging Honor Code to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods Champagne Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
The strapping gray colt sold at the Barretts select 2-year-old sale March 4. Hip 67 was sold by Bruno DeBerdt's Excel Bloodstock as agent.
Eleven youngsters shaded 10 seconds for a furlong at the March 1 under-tack preview for the Barretts March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training in Pomona, Calif. Two went in :09 3/5 for the fastest previews.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham