This year Pleasant Colony's maternal grandson Tonalist, wearing the colors of Thomas Evans' son Robert 'Shel' Evans, played the role of Summing to deny California Chrome a Triple Crown.
On June 15, the Clasico Tanteo de Potrancas (Chi-I), fell to Divina Preciosa, a daughter of the American export Crocker Road, yet another of the busy clan of Missy Baba.
Ruler of The World hails from one of the best sire-producing families on the international scene, that of Missy Baba.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The classic American cross is speed over stamina, but Charitable Man has a pedigree that flips this model upside down. The son of Lemon Drop Kid is still getting the job done, having just won the grade II Futurity Stakes. If he keeps improving, Charitable Man could become his sire's first male grade I winner.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter Duke of Marmalade carries a high concentration of the Thoroughbred's best blood, with inbreeding to Native Dancer, Northern Dancer, and Buckpasser. All this potential broke through on the racetrack recently when the Irish-bred son of Danehill won the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin