French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
Weather permitting, grade I winners Hystericalady and Pussycat Doll will make their 2008 debuts in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) on the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 27.
Rutherienne has won five turf stakes in a row. But a victory in the $250,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. I) is far from a sure thing, as the 3-year-old filly must overcome a whole new set of challenges in the 1 1/8-mile event at Belmont Park Sept. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage