French stakes winner and group I-placed Missvinski attracted a final bid of $400,000 to headline the Jan. 14 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
Weather permitting, grade I winners Hystericalady and Pussycat Doll will make their 2008 debuts in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) on the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 27.
Rutherienne has won five turf stakes in a row. But a victory in the $250,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. I) is far from a sure thing, as the 3-year-old filly must overcome a whole new set of challenges in the 1 1/8-mile event at Belmont Park Sept. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses