The champion-producing mare changed the life of a small Missouri breeding operation.
Tom Roche makes a go of it at his Carmalley Valley Farm in Missouri. Download Now
Funeral arrangements have been made for the late Bill Hartack, whose remains will be buried Dec. 6 in Iberia, Mo., with a memorial service to follow Dec. 10 in Miami Springs, Fla.
The topic of late odds changes continues to shadow the pari-mutuel industry.
An experiment by which the blended pari-mutuel takeout rate at Laurel Park was cut in half proved popular in theory but not at the betting windows. But was it a bust?
This year's International Simulcast Conference will be held in Kansas City, Mo.
Come My Prince, whose grade I-winning son, Palace Music, sired the great Cigar, was euthanized March 7 at age 32 at Nancy Storer's Warfield Stud near Butler, Mo.
With only one vote to spare, legislation to permit year-round simulcasting passed the Missouri House Wednesday and was sent to the Senate. The bill is key to a plan by Magna Entertainment to build a racetrack in the state.
Magna Entertainment is on the move again, this time in Missouri, where pari-mutuel wagering is legal but no racetracks have been built. A bill co-sponsored by nine legislators has been introduced in the House and Senate, where it could be discussed this week. The legislation spells out the powers of the racing commission, a requirement that at least 50 days of live racing be held, and a mandate that a capital investment of at least $25 million be made to build a track.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Arqana Opens With Record Sales, Median Rise
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff