The champion-producing mare changed the life of a small Missouri breeding operation.
Tom Roche makes a go of it at his Carmalley Valley Farm in Missouri. Download Now
Funeral arrangements have been made for the late Bill Hartack, whose remains will be buried Dec. 6 in Iberia, Mo., with a memorial service to follow Dec. 10 in Miami Springs, Fla.
The topic of late odds changes continues to shadow the pari-mutuel industry.
An experiment by which the blended pari-mutuel takeout rate at Laurel Park was cut in half proved popular in theory but not at the betting windows. But was it a bust?
This year's International Simulcast Conference will be held in Kansas City, Mo.
Come My Prince, whose grade I-winning son, Palace Music, sired the great Cigar, was euthanized March 7 at age 32 at Nancy Storer's Warfield Stud near Butler, Mo.
With only one vote to spare, legislation to permit year-round simulcasting passed the Missouri House Wednesday and was sent to the Senate. The bill is key to a plan by Magna Entertainment to build a racetrack in the state.
Magna Entertainment is on the move again, this time in Missouri, where pari-mutuel wagering is legal but no racetracks have been built. A bill co-sponsored by nine legislators has been introduced in the House and Senate, where it could be discussed this week. The legislation spells out the powers of the racing commission, a requirement that at least 50 days of live racing be held, and a mandate that a capital investment of at least $25 million be made to build a track.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis
- Testa Rossi Makes Endeavour Return for Brown