Never Retreat and Cherokee Queen were listed as the 119-pound high weights for the $150,000 Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 5 at Gulfstream Park.
Jason, Tom, and Les Instone of twinspires preview the Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs. Plus, Jason eats Humble Pie! Watch Video
Nelson McMakin's homebred Hot Cha Cha tries to put the finishing touches on a terrific 3-year-old campaign in the $175,000 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) Nov. 17 at Churchill Downs, but she will have to take down an overflow field of improving sophomore fillies.
Jason, Tom, and Tim Holland of twinspires preview the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup at Keeneland on October 17. Watch Video
In the span of two months, Waratah Thoroughbreds' Miss World has gone from a maiden to a grade I winner. On Oct. 17, the daughter of Bernstein will try to climb her highest hurdle yet, as she faces a short but strong group of 3-year-old fillies in the prestigious $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Making her stakes debut, Miss World scored an upset in the $300,000 Garden City Handicap (gr. IT) when odds-on choice Gozzip Girl had all kinds of trouble on a soft Belmont Park inner turf course Sept. 12.
Gozzip Girl, freshened since her smashing win in the American Oaks (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park more than two months ago, returns to Belmont Park Sept. 12 as the filly to beat in the $300,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win