Celebrity chef Bobby Flay's More Than Real opens up in the stretch and easily won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf over favored Winter Memories.
Miss Seffens, a five-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing and is booked to Fusaichi Pegasus
Two years ago, trainer Bob Baffert sent Mike Pegram's Captain Steve to the Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows to "make a man of him." While he doesn't have quite the credentials of Captain Steve, Baffert has entered Pegram's Danthebluegrassman for the $250,000 Iowa Derby at 1 1/16 miles on July 5.
Cat Cay dawdled in last place through the fast opening quarter-mile then launched a prolonged rally to earn her first stakes win in Sunday's $109,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Miss Seffens heads a field of seven distaff sprinters in Sunday's $100,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland over six furlongs. Miss Seffens is a five-time stakes winner, including her triumph in the Storm Cat Stakes earlier in Keeneland's fall meeting. The 4-year-old daughter of Dehere has earned $479,420 thus far in her career for owners Karen and M. Hays Biggs and trainer Steve Wren.
Heritage of Gold began her 6-year-old campaign the same way she started her 5-year-old season – defeating Lu Ravi in the Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III). The one-two finishers from last year's renewal of the $200,000 race duplicated their performances Sunday at Oaklawn Park. This year the exacta returned $9.60.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier