Celebrity chef Bobby Flay's More Than Real opens up in the stretch and easily won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf over favored Winter Memories.
Miss Seffens, a five-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing and is booked to Fusaichi Pegasus
Two years ago, trainer Bob Baffert sent Mike Pegram's Captain Steve to the Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows to "make a man of him." While he doesn't have quite the credentials of Captain Steve, Baffert has entered Pegram's Danthebluegrassman for the $250,000 Iowa Derby at 1 1/16 miles on July 5.
Cat Cay dawdled in last place through the fast opening quarter-mile then launched a prolonged rally to earn her first stakes win in Sunday's $109,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Miss Seffens heads a field of seven distaff sprinters in Sunday's $100,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland over six furlongs. Miss Seffens is a five-time stakes winner, including her triumph in the Storm Cat Stakes earlier in Keeneland's fall meeting. The 4-year-old daughter of Dehere has earned $479,420 thus far in her career for owners Karen and M. Hays Biggs and trainer Steve Wren.
Heritage of Gold began her 6-year-old campaign the same way she started her 5-year-old season – defeating Lu Ravi in the Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III). The one-two finishers from last year's renewal of the $200,000 race duplicated their performances Sunday at Oaklawn Park. This year the exacta returned $9.60.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory